Designed for personal trainers and fitness instructors, this exercise referral course provides a pathway to working within the field and providing safe and effective training for those with medical conditions and other common referral reasons. Upon completion you will receive a Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral (accredited by Active IQ), as well as 20 REPs CPD points. This course forms part of the Level 4 Diploma in Specialist Exercise.
This course in exercise referral will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Professional practice for exercise referral instructors
- Understanding medical conditions for exercise referral (including cardiovascular, respiratory, metabolic, musculoskeletal, and mental health conditions)
- Applying the principles of nutrition and physical activity
- Planning exercise referral programmes with patients
- Instructing exercise with referred patients
In order to best meet your particular circumstances, time constraints and preferred learning style, the qualification is structured using a blend of online and face-to-face delivery. The qualification includes interactive online learning modules, a live 1 day workshop and a further live assessment day, approximately 6 weeks after the workshop. The course will take approximately 8 weeks to complete. Please note that you will need to have regular access to the internet to complete this diploma in exercise referral.